Stockton Personal Injury Attorney Discusses Most Dangerous Toys
Did you know that there is an organization called World Against Toys Causing Harm (“WATCH”). They are an organization committed to ensuring children are kept safe from harmful toys and they produce an annual list of the 10 most dangerous toys available. The group claims that at least 19 toys have been recalled as a result of safety defects since January 2015.
10 Most Dangerous Toys
- Peppa Pig’s Muddy Puddles Family – Choking hazard from small parts
- Kids Time Baby Children’s Elephant Pillow – Suffocation hazard
- Slimeball Slinger -– Slimeball ammunition can cause eye injuries
- Banzai Bump N’ Bounce Body Bumpers – Potential for impact injuries
- Nerf Rival Apollo XV-700 Blaster – Potential for eye injuries
- The Good Dinosaur Galloping Butch – Potential for puncture wounds from pointed tail
- Peppy Pups – Risk of strangulation due to long cord
- Flying Heroes Superman Launcher – Risk of eye and facial injuries
- Baby Magic Feed and Play Baby – Spoon that comes with doll has the potential to be mouthed and block a child’s airway
- Warcraft Doomhammer – Blunt impact injuries
There have been thousands of dangerous and defective toys manufactured over the years, and as you can see above, the problem persists to this day. Some toys are defective or dangerous by design, while others are unsafe due to a manufacturing defect or damage caused during shipping or use. Toys can be dangerous in many different ways and include both chemical and biological exposure hazards.
Injuries Sustained from Dangerous Toys
- Suffocation, Strangulation and Choking
- Eye Injuries
- Lacerations, Punctures and Bruising
- Friction Burns and Chemical Burns
- Chemical Exposure
- Biological Exposure
The above represent serious injuries and children across the country experience these tragic events every day. Sadly, some of these instances prove fatal for the children involved. Irresponsible toy designers and manufacturers need to be held accountable for injuries caused by dangerous toys.
An injured party should consult an experienced personal injury lawyer in Stockton if they or their child has been injured by a toy. Liability can fall on many different parties in a defective toy injury case, and a Stockton personal injury attorney can help. An injury lawyer at The Friel Law Firm will use their professional investigators and industry experts to build a case and hold responsible parties accountable. Call our injury lawyer in Stockton for a free consultation with a product liability attorney today.