Car Accident Attorney in Stockton Explains What To Do After Car Accident
Regardless of whether fault has been established for an accident not, all involved parties should immediately consult with an attorney. It is important to know what to do to protect the legal rights of yourself and your loved ones. Time is of the essence in serious injury cases because physical evidence may be destroyed or lost, witnesses’ memories may fade, and recovery of out of pocket expenses can be delayed.
- Obtain the name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, license plate number and insurance company of all parties involved in the accident.
- Obtain the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses.
- Call the police immediately to make an accident report.
- If you are injured, seek immediate medical treatment, make sure that you give a detailed description every part of your body that is injured.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Take pictures of any damaged motor vehicles involved in the accident.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Do not give a statement, speak to the insurance company or sign any documents without first consulting an attorney.
Selecting the right car accident attorney in Stockton is an important decision. You should choose someone who is experienced, aggressive and dedicated to working to get you fair compensation for your injuries. That is why you should contact The Friel Law Firm. We have successfully represented thousands of accident and injury victims over the past decade.
We look forward to meeting with you at our offices or in your home. For a free confidential evaluation of your case, please call us today at (209) 464-8000 or click here for our case evaluation form.